If you thought Lil’ Kim had said all she could say about Nicki Minaj, you ain’t seen nothing yet. The Queen Bee goes in on Young Money’s Barbie, Drake, Diddy, and Rick Ross in an interview with ThisIs50. Among the topics she discussed…
• How Nicki has been subliminally taking shots at her and other female MCs for the past year. “It’s obvious that I’m who she wants to be like. It’s obvious that she likes me and wants to be like me, but she’s not paying this homage.”
• She talks about her close relationship with Cash Money CEO Slim and how she considered signing with the label. “If [Nicki] and I would’ve rocked out together, I would’ve been able to help her.”
• She did a record for Birdman called “Grindin’ Making Money.” Nicki was later added, but the song was cut from Baby’s album and the video was scrapped. [Editor’s note: The song was included as a bonus track on Pricele$$.]
• She calls Drake a “punk pussy” for his comments about her. “At the end of the day, this ni**a wore his heart on his sleeve by coming at me and I’m a fucking girl. Ray J’s the one who said everything. You ain’t mentioned this ni**a’s name one time.”
• She thought it was disrespectful of Diddy for not calling her before Ray J, but he’s still her brother. “I can’t disown Puffy at this moment. … Puffy should be ashamed of himself.”
• She doesn’t see Rick Ross as Biggie’s replacement. Although she likes some of his music, she wishes he would have owned up to being a correctional officer.
• She loves 50 Cent “to death” and feels Rick Ross will never be in the same league as him. “ goes in the museum. I can’t really say that about Rick Ross.”